The Olde Cracker Factory has a colorful past. The building is both architecturally and historically significant. Originally, the building was home to Bishop and Company Cracker and Candy Factory from 1913-1931, and then Nabisco Biscuit Company until 1941. In 1930, the Bishop Cracker and Candy Factory employed 100 men and women who produced cookies, crackers and peanut butter. Over ten tons of products were produced here annually. Owners of the buildings include Frederick & Ellen Browning Scripps from 1913-1943. The members of the Scripps family were noted San Diego investors and benefactors. They were partners in the Scripps-Howard newspaper chain founded by the family in the 1800’s. Ellen Browning Scripps was noted for her extensive philanthropy in San Diego which included numerous contributions to the San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego Museum of Man, the founding of Scripps Memorial Hospital and Scripps Research Institute, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, San Diego State University and the Bishop’s School. The property was then purchased by the Benbough family in 1943. Percy Benbough was San Diego’s mayor from 1935-1943. The property was purchased from the Benbough’s by the Swanson family in 1963 and then sold to the Frost family in 1968. The property housed an antique emporium for the last four decades and has been remodeled only once in its 100 year history. The property has been recently redeveloped for mixed-use purposes including ground floor retail space, creative office space, live work lofts and rooftop penthouse units with outdoor decks.